- Go Scuba Diving With Dolphins in Their Natural Habitat
- Explore the Coral Reef Gardens
- Learn Hand Gestures to Communicate With the Dolphins and Make Them Do Tricks
- A Very Unique Dolphin Swim Experience
Dolphin Dive in Grand Bahama Island
While spending time relaxing on Grand Bahama Island, it is important to experience the elements of nature that the island offers to tourists and locals alike. There are few places in the world where one can go underwater and experience the natural habitat of dolphins and sharks. One of the best tourism companies to work with on Grand Bahama Island is UNEXSO (Underwater Explorers Society). They offers several meaningful tourism packages for visitors to enjoy on Grand Bahama Island. By investing in this wonderful tourism experience, you will not only have a cherished memory that you can take with you for many years to come, but you will also have the potential to interact with dolphins underwater. In addition, you will have a great way to take advantage of the diving certification that you have already received.
The Dolphin Dive on Grand Bahama Island is a tour that takes 2 hours and 30 minutes from start to finish. Within that time, there is between 30 and 35 minutes actually underwater with the dolphins. The tour costs $219 per person and includes tanks and weights; however, transportation from hotels, airports or seaports is not included in the tour price. Each tour participant must be a certified diver and the diving sites will be subject to the captain's specifications. Additionally, each and every diver must sign liability waivers that they are able to dive. Please check-in at least half an hour before the departure time. Lastly, this diving excursion is not recommended for pregnant women.
If you are looking for a meaningful travel experience while you are staying on Grand Bahama Island, consider taking the Dolphin Dive Tour. In doing so, you will have an incredible travel experience to add to your luxurious vacation on Grand Bahama Island. We would be elated to plan a memorable excursion for you and your family. For more information, contact us today.
- Dolphin Orientation
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to be certified in order to participate in this activity?
Yes, you must be a certified diver in order to participate in this activity.
Does this activity offer transportation?
Unfortunately transportation is not provided for this activity.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels, sun screen and form of payment for your remaining balance.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
No, unfortunately only divers may come on this trip.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people often ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on snorkelers are even more rare. Our staff are all trained in making sure your trip is safe and enjoyable.
What equipment is included?
Just the tanks, weights, and belt are included. Equipment pricing is listed below.
What are the prices for equipment rental?
These prices are subject to change
- BCD Regulator: $22
- Mask: $6
- Fin: $6
- Snorkel: $6
- Wetsuit: $12
- Ala Carte Total: $79
- Full Gear Rental: $40
- Divers 12 – 14 years of age must have a participating or attending parent or guardian (observer fee applies for attending parent or guardian),
- All divers are required to present proof of certification in order to participate in scuba diving activities. Please be sure to bring your diver certification card with you to present at check-in.
- You may not be allowed to dive without presenting proof of certification.
- PLEASE NOTE: For reservations for Freeport Unexso Dolphin programs, all cancellations MUST be received 14 days prior to the excursion. Reservations canceled less than 14 days but outside of 7 days, receive a 50% refund. All reservations canceled 7 days prior or less will NOT receive a refund.
- Cruise ship guest MUST BOOK through the cruise ship
- Tour is only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- We require a minimum of 4 divers in order to run this tour. This minimum is usually met but in the case that we do not have at least 4 divers, we do have to cancel the dive.