- Smallest Group Size Available for ANY Dolphin Swim in Vallarta for the Most Intimate
- Learn How to Use Special Hand Signals to Communicate with the Dolphins
- Jump in the Dolphin Lagoon and Feel the Dolphins as They Swim Around and Beneath You
Have you ever wanted to swim with the dolphins all on your own so as to become a part of their world? In the Signature Dolphin Swim experience, you not only have the chance to swim with the dolphins, but you can actually feel like you're one of them. This experiences allows you to connect with the dolphins and really get to know them as you explore their habitat. Our tours are unique in that we enforce a small group policy. We want to make sure each participant in a given tour is able to receive an intimate and personalized experience.
Before you are immersed in the water, you will be introduced to the dolphins and their lives underwater. Then, we will teach you how to use proper hand-signals to communicate easily with our dolphin friends. Our use of positive reinforcement and unique hand-signals ensures the dolphins understand what we’re saying and that they feel happy playing and spending time with our guests. You’ll be able to swim with, play with, and even ride the dolphins through the water. An experience like this will connect you and your family to the marine animal world in a way that you could never have imagined.
As you become comfortable in the water, the dolphins will come alongside you as you freely swim in their habitat. In this Signature Dolphin Swim experience, you will have total freedom to swim with the dolphins, feel their slippery skin, and play with them all on your own. Become part of their world and feel like a dolphin yourself as you glide alongside them. You may even grab on and let them gently pull you through the pool under the water. If you are looking for an opportunity to swim on your own with dolphins, then call to reserve your Signature Dolphin Swim today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to reserve in advance?
A: We have a limited number of participants during our dolphin activities, so in order to assure your place we suggest your reservation in advance, especially if you plan to visit us during the high vacation season from November until after the Easter Holidays with a few other Holidays throughout the year. As well, we often offer specials that are only available when you reserve online in advance.
Q: May I bring a camera or video camera to take pictures?
A: Cameras are not allowed into the pools or observation areas for your safety, for the dolphins safety and the safety of the equipment but professional photos will be available for purchase after your experience.
Q: Can I wear Sunscreen? (SPF)
A: While we recommend you wear sunscreen, it must be biodegradable for the protection of our dolphins and sea lions. Any other sunscreen must be showered off before entering the dolphin area. Our gift shops sell biodegradable sunscreen.
Q: Can I wear jewelry?
A: We recommend you remove all jewelry, including wedding rings, ear rings, and piercings, before coming to the dolphin center. Although we provide an area to secure your personal belongings, it is easy to drop, lose or misplace, so we recommend you to leave jewelry and small items secured in your accommodation’s safe or front desk safe.
Q: Why do you limit the number of sessions for people to interact with dolphins?
A: At Dolphin Adventure the animals' health and welfare are of primary importance. The sessions are limited to ensure an enjoyable schedule including a variety of activities for the dolphins. The dolphins spend only a combined total of less than two hours each day voluntarily interacting with the public. The rest of the day is allocated to the dolphins' private time, valuable training time, as well as play and social interaction.
Q: How safe are Interactive Programs?
A: In-water-interactive programs have a remarkable, well-established record of dolphin and human safety. The health and safety records of these innovative programs have been studied, analyzed, and restudied for over 20 years, each time reaffirming their exemplary achievements.
Q: Can I make a Dolphin sick if I participate in a swim program?
A: Since the initiation of in-water marine mammal interactive programs in 1985, there has not been one instance of disease transmission between humans and dolphins reported at any of the facilities that offer "swim with the dolphin" programs.
Q: Can I do any of the dolphin programs if I am pregnant?
A: For your personal safety and the wellbeing of your unborn child we do not allow pregnant women to participate in our dolphin and sea lion programs.
Q: Can special needs visitors participate in your dolphin programs?
A: We do our best in trying to provide this experience to everyone although it is not always possible. It is very important for you to mention during your reservation, which is the specific need. We will assess your request and decide on the best option for your comfort and security in a group setting. Our dolphins gladly interact with all of our visitors, no matter their sex, appearance, or abilities. We also offer an amazing special needs program that is customized and is a private session which we recommend for an enhanced dolphin experience.
Q: Where is the Dolphin Center located?
A: The Vallarta Adventure Dolphin Center is located in Nuevo Vallarta.
Q: What are the minimum ages for the different Dolphin Programs?
- For the Signature Swim, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years pays adult ticket price.
- For the Swim Experience, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- For the Dolphin Encounter, all children under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult. In the Family Encounter, parents may hold children aged 1 to 3 years, free of charge with each paid adult/parent or guardian over 16 years of age. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- The Dolphin Kids Program is specially designed for children ages 4 to 9 years old.
- For the Sea Lion Encounter, children must be a minimum of 5 years old and 4. 5 feet tall. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- Cruise ship passengers MUST book dolphin programs directly through their cruise ship
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Children 5-11 years old: Must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 or older)
- Child prices apply to children ages 5 to 11
- Cameras are only allowed in the guest observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Lifejackets are provided and required
- Each dolphin program is unique and based upon our groups, trainers and dolphins
- All of our programs are designed with our dolphins wellbeing in mind
- Expecting mothers are restricted