- Interactive Swim with the Dolphins Where You get to Plunge into the Water to Play and Race With the Playful Mammals
- Swim Between Two of Our Trained Dolphins as Our Professional Photographers Capture Every Moment
- Receive an Educational Briefing From Our Professional Dolphin Trainers
- Small Groups of 12 or Fewer (Only 6 Guests in the Water at One Time)
If you are traveling to the Grand Bahama Island for vacation in the future, then one activity that you shouldn't miss is the Dolphin Experience at UNEXSO. The Dolphin Experience gives guests the opportunity to participate in an interactive program where they will get to swim with dolphins. Guests will enjoy a 20-minute boat ride through the South Shore of the Grand Bahama Island or travel through the canal systems to Sanctuary Bay. This 9-acre lagoon is home to 14 playful, Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins. A certified dolphin trainer will provide guests with an educational briefing, then guests will have the opportunity to swim with the dolphins.
Guests will be able to ask the dolphins to splash, speak, wave, or turn around. Guests can even swim between two dolphins and get the opportunity to give the aquatic mammals hugs and kisses. After your time in the water with the dolphins, you will have the chance to observe Macaws on the Bird Patio, and you can also see African tortoises. When you return to UNEXSO, you will have the opportunity to purchase pictures that were taken during your time with the dolphins. Our premises also has a restaurant to help satiate your hunger after a long and thrilling adventure.
The duration of the Dolphin Experience is 2.5 hours, which includes 20-25 minutes in the water with the the dolphins. The cost of the tour is $179, but guests also have the option to observe the experience for $85. For a closer experience with the aquatic creatures, there are only 6 guests allowed in the water at one time. Children under the age of 12 may participate in the Dolphin Experience if they meet the height requirement of 55’’, but they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. All those who wish to participate in the Dolphin Experience must be able to swim.
While on vacation in Grand Bahama Island, we highly recommend the Dolphin Experience. When you swim and interact with the aquatic animals, it is a unique experience like no other. Be sure to cross another thing off your bucket list and add this tour to your trip.
- Enjoy Pool Amenities and Shops
- Boat Ride Through the Grand Bahama Island Canal Systems or Along the South Shore of the Island
- 20-25 Minutes of In-Water Interaction Time With the Dolphins
- An Educational Briefing
- Swim and Interact With the Dolphins
- Swim in Between Two Dolphins, Hug and Kiss Them While Pictures are Taken
- Scenic Views
- Look at Macaws and Cockatoos
- Natural 9-Acre Lagoon, “Sanctuary Bay”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
The program has you in the water with the dolphins for a full 20-25 minutes.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
- Minimum participant height requirement is 55 inches (4' 7"/140cm/1.4 Meters) without shoes.
- All guests who are under the age of 12 (and at least 55" tall) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian participating in the swim with them. Children ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (they must pay for at least a Close Encounter ticket).
- Pregnant women are not allowed in swim program.
- All participants MUST know how to swim.
- Guests who do not meet these requirements will NOT receive a refund.
- Photography and video packages will be available for purchase after each program.
- PLEASE NOTE: Cancellations for all Freeport Unexso Dolphin programs MUST be received 14 days prior to the excursion. Reservations canceled less than 14 days but outside of 7 days, receive a 50% refund. All reservations canceled 7 days prior or less will NOT receive a refund.
- Cruise ship guests MUST BOOK through the cruise ship.