- 40 Minutes With the Dolphins
- Dolphin Handshake, Kiss, and Hand Target
- Educational Briefing
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Open Bar Included
- Snorkel in Garrafon Reef Park
The Royal Garrafon & Dolphin Encounter at Garrafon National Reef Park in Isla Mujeres is a family-oriented program that enables anyone who is at least 4 years to swim and play with the dolphins. Be sure to arrive 30 minutes early to ensure you don't miss the important 15-minute briefing before diving into the water.
During the briefing, you will learn everything you need to know to have fun with the dolphins, such as how to kiss them, play with them, and ask for a handshake. You will also learn fascinating facts about dolphins and the Isla Mujeres environment. Your vacation in Isla Mujeres will be even more fulfilling with a better understanding of its beautiful environment.
After the 15-minute orientation, you'll have 40 minutes to interact with the dolphins. You can use anything you've learned to play with the dolphins and see their neat tricks. Give them a kiss or a loving hug in exchange for showing their talents. Just be careful to not fall too deeply in love with these adorable animals.
You must bring your own towels to dry off with after your dolphin swim. The venue and many other places in the park only accept cash as payment, so be sure to be well-equipped with Mexican pesos before leaving the hotel. Also be aware that photos, meals, and transportation fees are not included in the experience. The dock fee is $8 USD and ground transportation is $16 USD. Children under the age of 4 don't have to pay a dock fee.
Because the venue is located in Garrafon Park, you have close access to a national open bar, a lunch buffet, and hammocks. You can satisfy your appetite after playing with the dolphins and relax in one of the hammocks in the park. There is also snorkel equipment and kayaks nearby, so if you're up for more adventure after your break, you don't have to travel far.
- 15-Minute Educational Briefing
- 40 Minutes With the Dolphins
- Ferry Ride
- Continental Breakfast, National Open Bar, and Lunch Buffet
- Snorkel Equipment and Life Jackets
- Kayaks and Hammocks
- Pool, Lockers, and Showers
- To book 1-5 year olds, please call us.
- Dock fee of $8.00 USD payable at check-in. Children from 4 years old pay dock fee.
- Kids younger than 8 years old must swim with a paid adult (+18). Infants swim free with 1 paying adult.
- In Isla Mujeres, groups have a maximum of 20 people for a closer experience.
- The use of life jacket is required in all water programs.
- IMPORTANT: For the moment we are NOT receiving dollars in cash at our location (check in, restaurant, boutique and photos), we are getting pesos in cash and if you want to use an international credit or debit card, payments will be done in Mexican or US Currency.
- For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and later) can't participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Encounter program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a Responsibility Form.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program, remember you'll receive a short briefing before your swim.
- If you have any health or physical problem please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.