- 15-Minute Briefing
- 40 Minutes With the Dolphins
- Dolphin Kiss, Hug, and Handshake
- Breathtaking Panoramic Views
The Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico is home to a number of natural and man-made wonders. Between your visits to ancient ruins, mesmerizing cenotes, and world class beaches, come have an encounter with one of the ocean’s most majestic creatures—dolphins. Dolphin Discovery in Akumal provides educational and entertaining programs with these amazing marine mammals.
All of the dolphins at Dolphin Discovery in Akumal were born under human care in our certified Miracle Program. We are a world leader in birthing, training, and caring for dolphins in captivity. You can rest assured that animals you interact with are healthy and happy.
The dolphin encounter in Akumal includes a 15-minute briefing followed by 40 minutes with our dolphins. Our trainers will assist you in receiving a kiss, a hug, and a handshake from one of our dolphins. You will also have the unique opportunity to see dolphins sing and dance.
Our dolphin encounters are safe for all ages, but please give us a call first if you want to swim with your infant (1-5 years old). All children under 8 must also be accompanied by an adult to swim with the dolphins. Women less than 5 months pregnant can participate in the dolphin encounter but are required to swim with another adult and sign a release form. For the safety of you and your family, women more than 5 months pregnant are not allowed to participate in any of our aquatic programs.
Don't forget your swimsuit, a towel, biodegradable sunscreen, and Mexican pesos for cash. We will provide lockers to keep your belongings safe while you enjoy this rare opportunity. Bring the family and get ready to pucker up for a kiss you'll be talking about for years to come!
We offer transportation to and from certain area hotels. Email or call at least 24 hours ahead of time to set up an appointment.
- 15-Minute Educational Briefing
- 40 Minutes With the Dolphins
- Round-Trip Transportation From Many of the Area Hotels
- Safety Gear
- Kids younger than 8 years old must swim with a paid adult (+18) and infants swim free with a paying adult.
- In Akumal, groups have a maximum of 20 people for a closer experience.
- The use of life jacket is required in all water programs.
- IMPORTANT: For the moment we are NOT receiving dollars in cash at our location (check in, restaurant, boutique and photos), we are getting pesos in cash and if you want to use an international credit or debit card, payments will be done in Mexican or US Currency.
- For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and later) can't participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Encounter program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a Responsibility Form.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program, remember you'll receive a short briefing before your swim.
- If you have any health condition or physical disability please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.