- Full 1/2 Hour Interactive Swim With the Dolphins
- Guaranteed to do the Famous Foot Push
- Learn a Variety of Dolphin Behaviors
- Educational Presentation Informs You About Dolphins
- Small Groups of 10 or Fewer
- Professional Photographer and Videographer Present at All Times
Have you always dreamed of swimming with dolphins? Come experience the thrill of a lifetime with Dolphin Encounters in our beautiful Nassau, Bahamas location. Enjoy the clear, turquoise-blue water, breathtaking white sand beaches, and an unforgettable opportunity as you are joined by playful dolphins. Dolphin Encounters balances education and conservation with entertainment and fun providing you the opportunity to learn about these highly intelligent cetaceans in a unique environment. Let your worries float away with the water as you enjoy our one of a kind program. Before you get into our peaceful lagoon, you will be well prepared by our expert staff to gain the most from your experience.
A brief, informative orientation will familiarize you with dolphin history, habits, and conservation. You will also be taught the Watchable Wildlife guidelines for marine life. This will allow you to approach the dolphins in a way that is enjoyable for everyone involved. Next, you will be fitted for a life vest and taken to the lagoon by catamaran. Once in the water, you will experience a whole new world unlike any you've ever encountered.
Our expert trainers will guide you to the heart of the dolphin's society. Be transported to their world of joy as you swim, play, and interact with nature's comedians. Swimming with dolphins is believed to have many positive benefits, chiefly relaxing the mind and body. It is a truly life changing experience!
Our experts will help you achieve maximum interaction with the dolphins, and will ensure you have the most rewarding experience possible. The finale of your visit will be the famous dolphin foot push. If you are not familiar with the term, a foot push is the unforgettable experience of being lifted from the water by two dolphins - one on each foot!
For the safety of our dolphins and everyone involved, we do ask that you leave cameras and cellphones behind. Our professional photographers and videographers will be on hand to ensure that your experience is captured beautifully. You will leave Dolphin Encounters with unparalleled memories and the opportunity to take home a unique souvenir from your time in the Bahamas.
- Round-Trip Ferry Ride from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to Blue Lagoon Island
- 30 Minutes of Interactive In-Water Time With Dolphins
- Orientation by Dolphin Trainers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
For the swim, you are in the water for 20-30 minutes with the dolphins.
How large are the ferries?
The ferries are large double deck catamarans that can carry well over 100 passengers.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
Is this tour handicap accessible?
We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
- BLACKOUT DATE 2/14/19 Blue Lagoon is closed on this date.
- Guests ages 6 through 12 must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the swim. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 13 through 17 must be accompanied by an adult (with any paid ticket) to sign the liability waiver. Guest must have the ability to swim to participate.
- Guests age 5 or younger are not allowed in swim program & may observe for free if attended on the dock by a responsible parent or guardian with an observer ticket.
- Guest must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access platform.
- For your safety, pregnant women are not allowed in swim program
- For your safety, guests age 5 or younger are not allowed in the swim program, but can observe, & 3 or younger may observe for free if attended on the dock by a responsible parent or guardian with an observer ticket.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We reserve the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- Cameras are NOT permitted while doing any dolphin or sea lion program. Observers only are permitted to have a camera.