- Guaranteed Interaction Time With the Dolphins
- Face-to-Face Encounter With Dolphins in Waist Deep Water
- Experience a Heart-Warming Kiss, Hug, and Dance and Opportunities to Pet the Dolphin
- Educational Presentation on the Biology of Dolphins
- Access to the Beautiful Beaches and Great Facilities of Blue Lagoon Island
- Professional Photography Team Present Throughout the Program (Photo Packages will be Available for Purchase After Your Program)
Have you ever wanted to get up close and personal with an Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin? The Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon Island in the Bahamas can provide you with an amazing experience with these intelligent sea mammals. For just $115 per person, Dolphin Encounters at the Blue Lagoon Island will transport you on a catamaran to our private facility where you interact with these amazing creatures.
Your adventure begins with a short, informative session where you learn about dolphin behaviors and facts about their habitat. This interactive orientation will also touch on the history of dolphins, how we train these amazing animals, and how the general public can contribute to ocean conservation.
Once your orientation is complete, you will proceed with your group to the Dolphin Encounter platform. This is the area where you will meet the dolphins. You'll stand waist deep in water along with a dolphin trainer who will provide additional education about the dolphins you'll meet and aid you in hands-on contact as you receive dolphin kisses, hugs and even get opportunities to dance and rub down these wonderful creatures. While you're spending time with the dolphins, our staff will capture your encounter via photography and video so that you can have a wonderful souvenir of your encounter.
Dolphin Encounter adventures are available at 8:30 a.m, 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m and 3:30 p.m. each day of the week. Each excursion takes three to three-and-a-half hours, with approximately 30 minutes devoted to your orientation and hands-on experience.
Children ages three and under are free with a paid adult. Youths ages four to 12 must pay the full price and be accompanied by an adult who enters the water. Cameras, including those in cell phones or other electronic devices, are not allowed.
We will gladly help guests with manual wheelchairs gain access to the water with our waterproof chair. Please note that motorized wheelchairs and those that do not collapse are not allowed on our boats.
Our excursions even run when it's raining, so come prepared. No refunds are issued for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance.
- Round-Trip Ferry Transportation From the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to Blue Lagoon Island
- 20-30 Minutes of Dolphin Interaction Time
- Orientation by Dolphin Trainers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the "Dolphin Encounter" and "Dolphin Swim" programs?
In the swim you are completely in the water with the dolphins, while in the encounter you interact with the dolphins from a waist-deep platform.
How much do you spend with each dolphin?
Each person is guaranteed between 5 - 8 minutes with the dolphins.
How large are the ferries?
The ferries are large double deck catamarans that can carry well over 100 passengers.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity must be cancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
Where is the departure point for this tour?
Check-in instructions will be included in your activity confirmation email.
What Am I required to bring?
Please bring your email confirmation, towels and sun screen.
Is this tour handicap accessible?
We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
- BLACKOUT DATE 2/14/19 Blue Lagoon is closed on this date.
- Guests age 3 or younger participate for free, if accompanied by a responsible paying adult, with a ticket for the encounter. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age
- Guests ages 4 through 12 may participate at full price & must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program
- We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs
- Cameras are NOT permitted while doing any dolphin or sea lion program. Observers only are permitted to have a camera.