- Fun Experience With the Dolphins
- Dolphin Dorsal Tow, Foot Push, Handshake, Kiss, and More
- Small Group Size (10 Or Fewer)
- Boxed Lunch
- Ferry Ride
You've packed your bikini and your passport. You've read all about the beautiful British Island of Tortola. Gorgeous beaches- check! Powdery sand- check! Shopping and plenty of historic sites- check! Now, what do you want to do in those magnificent blue waters while you visit this volcanic island?
There is always snorkeling, diving and surfing...but you want more. You want something to dream about when you go home, something beyond the normal. You want an adventure worth talking about at the water cooler. You want the Dolphin Royal Swim. Not only will you swim with the dolphins, but you will interact with them.
Think about it- a ferry picking you up and whisking you over those crystal waters to a dolphin sanctuary. The Dolphin Discovery of Tortola makes it possible to see these friendly mammals in their natural habitat. Blue waters surrounded by high, lush mountains are the setting for your play date with the dolphins.
You’ll enjoy a wide variety of activities throughout the duration of your tour. Hugs, kisses, handshakes, and practice with hand targets are just a few of the interactions you can anticipate to experience. However, there is far more in store for you on this particular tour. Some of our most famous activities include the foot push and the dorsal tow. The foot push is a high intensity activity in which participants have one dolphins pushing them forward on each foot until they reach an upright position. For the next part of your adventure, grab onto a sleek dorsal fin and go! Your new friends will tow you along, showing your their favorite spots. Let the waters bubble down your sides as you slide through the water as if one with the dolphins.
Ranked #3 in things to do in Road Town, Tortola, this activity includes a box lunch, entrance to the dolphin sanctuary, all stated behaviors with the dolphin and the round trip ferry ride from St. John's. When you finish, there are showers and restrooms available to freshen up. Be sure to have round-trip transportation prepared from the ferry dock to the Dolphin Discovery site
- Educational Briefing
- Time With the Dolphins
- Boxed Lunch
- Lockers, Showers, and Restrooms
- Round-Trip Ferry Ride
- Adults are above 4'7".
- Ferry Departure Tax, $10-30 USD approx. (this amount needs to be paid directly at the ferry office and can vary according to the ferry zone).
- IMPORTANT: a valid passport is an essential requirement to visit Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.
- In Tortola-St Thomas, groups have a maximum of 10 people for a closer experience.
- The use of safety vests is required in all water programs.
- For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and later) can't participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Encounter program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a Responsibility Form.
- If you have any health or physical disability please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.
- Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, etc.