- Fun Experience With the Dolphins
- Dolphin Foot Push, Dorsal Tow, Kiss, Huge, and More
- Small Group Size (12 Or Fewer)
- Boxed Lunch
- Ferry Ride
When you are on vacation in the British Virgin Islands, one ideal way to enjoy yourself is to partake in a swim experience with dolphins. If you are interested in swimming with the majestic marine creatures, the Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery Tortola can provide you with an amazing experience. The Dolphin Discovery Tortola is a dolphin sanctuary that is home to 14 friendly bottlenose dolphins that are ready to spend time with you. When you swim with the bottlenose dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery, you can enjoy interacting with the marine mammals in the beautiful waters of the Caribbean Sea.
There are several interactive programs offered at Dolphin Discovery Tortola. The Dolphin Swim Adventure is unique in that it provides guests with the rare chance to receive a kiss, hug, and handshake from one of the dolphins. When you participate in the Dolphin Swim Adventure, you also have the opportunity to get a belly ride from one of the bottlenose dolphins, which is a unique experience where a dolphin will swim through the water backwards while you hold tight to its fins. You can also experience the boogie push during your time in the water with the bottlenose dolphins.
Aside from your interaction with the dolphins, the price also includes a boxed lunch and round-trip ferry transportation from St. John to West End Tortola. However, once you arrive at West End Tortola, you will need to find transportation to the Dolphin Discovery. Be sure to arrive at the Dolphin Discovery at least 30 minutes before your swim begins, which will provide you with enough time for the briefing that is required before you begin. Pregnant women are not permitted to participate in the Dolphin Swim, and children who participate in the Dolphin Swim must be accompanied by an adult. For more details on requirements for participation, please contact us via telephone or email.
- Educational Briefing
- Time With the Dolphins
- Boxed Lunch
- Lockers, Showers, and Restrooms
- Round-Trip Ferry Ride
- Ferry Departure Tax, $10-30 USD approx. (this amount needs to be paid directly at the ferry office and can vary according to the ferry zone).
- Adults are above 4'7".
- IMPORTANT: a valid passport is an essential requirement to visit Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.
- In Tortola, groups have a maximum of 12 people for a closer experience.
- The use of safety vests is required in all water programs.
- For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and later) can't participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Encounter program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a responsibility form.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program, remember you'll receive a short briefing before your swim.
- If you have any health or physical disability please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.
- Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, etc.