- 35 Minutes With Dolphins
- 15-Minute Educational Briefing
- Dolphin Kiss, Handshake, and Hand Target
- Boxed Lunch
Swim with Dolphins in Tortola!
You'll find many things to do near the sparkling Caribbean waters of the British Virgin Islands, but none could be more educational than the Dolphin Discovery Swim at Tortola. If you're seeking true adventure, work this one into your itinerary!
Bottlenose dolphins have many similarities to humans. They are highly intelligent, love to play, and they even laugh! Wild dolphins have long been friends of the human race, even stepping in to save people from sharks! This tour is kind to the dolphins. While they have learned several tricks during their years of interaction with humans, they are wild animals. Due to their social nature, dolphins embrace the company of humans.
What to Expect
On this tour, you'll learn from experts the many capabilities of dolphins. Your new found friends will give you a kiss on the cheek, a hug, a handshake, and do a "hand target" where they will jump up and touch their noses to your hand. You could call it the dolphin version of a high-five. They will even sing and dance by vocalizing and standing in the water.
Pictures are not included, so be sure to bring your own camera if you'd like to capture these memories on film. You'll also need a passport and cash for transport, shopping, meals, towels, and biodegradable sunscreen. Transportation to St. Thomas facilities is not included, nor are other activities on the island. Be sure to show up about 30 minutes early for a quick briefing. Your family can expect a fun-filled adventure and educational, hands-on experience. Coming this close to and touching animals of such size and majesty is truly a special experience.
Swimming with dolphins is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that your family will never forget! Let our experts take your family on the educational adventure of a lifetime. Reserve your spot today!
- 25 Minutes with Dolphins
- 15-Minute Briefing
- Lockers, Showers, Towels
- Boxed Lunch
- Children are 2'11" to 3'11".
IMPORTANT: a valid passport is an essential requirement to visit Tortola.
- Kids who measure 2’11” to 3’11” must swim with an adult.
- In Tortola-St Thomas, groups have a maximum of 20 people for a closer experience.
- The use of safety vests is required in all water programs.
- For safety reasons pregnant women (5 months and later) can't participate in any of our aquatic programs. Women with less than 5 months into their pregnancy can participate in the Dolphin Discovery Swim program only if accompanied by another adult and after signing a responsibility Form.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program, remember you'll receive a short briefing before your swim.
- If you have any health or physical disability please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.